The Synod of the Diocese of Algoma was organised in June 1906 at Sault Ste Marie, Ontario. It meets in synod biennially. Founded in 1873, the diocese covers 112,654 sq. km. (70,000 square miles). The See City is Sault Ste Marie, Ontario. The parish roles number 11,470. In the diocese there are 38 active clergy; 11 clergy on leave; 42 retired clergy; 3 lay pastors; 2 lay worker; and 248 lay readers. The diocese contains 54 parishes; 5 assisted and mission parishes; with a total of 93 congregations.
The Editor of our diocesan newspaper, the Algoma Anglican, is the Rev'd Peter Simmons (firstname.lastname@example.org).