November 4, 2010
1. PWRDF – Jill Martin, Finance and Administration Manager of The Primate’s World Relief and Development Fund, has kindly acknowledged the contributions from the Diocese of Algoma towards Pakistan relief and extends thanks to all the parishioners of the diocese for their generous contribution and strong commitment to PWRDF. “The gifts received make it possible for PWRDF to support both short-term emergency needs – food, health, shelter, and long-term recovery efforts – reconstructing homes and helping communities rebuild their livelihoods.”
2. NOTE: The Diocese of Algoma Synod Office will be closed on Thursday, November 18th, as staff will be attending the Executive Committee meeting in Sudbury. Voicemail will be available should you wish to leave a message for any staff member.
November 1, 2010
The Rev. Henk Willems and the Rev. Beth Topps
invite family, friends, parishioners and colleagues to join them
2:00 p.m. Saturday, November 27, 2010
at the Church of the Ascension, 1476 Sparks Street, Sudbury.
Come celebrate with us as we unite our lives in marriage and in ministry.
Informal reception following in the church hall.
Our house overfloweth!
We welcome your presence, but do not need your presents.
However, our churches would welcome any donations
you might like to make in celebration
of our marriage.
| St. Peter’s Anglican Church
|| The Parish of Western Manitoulin
|110 Hillside Dr. South
Elliot Lake, ON P5A 1N1
Gore Bay, ON P0P 1H0
|St. James Anglican Church
Massey, ON POP 1PO
Gowan Gillmor Memorial Chapel
c/o 110 Hillside Dr. South
Elliot Lake, ON P5A 1N1
3. The installation service for the Reverend Richard Reed, Incumbent of Christ Church and St. Peter’s, Sault Ste. Marie, will be held on Wednesday, November 24th, 7:00 p.m., at Christ Church, 585 Allen’s Side Road. Bishop Stephen Andrews will be the celebrant and the Reverend Patrick McManus will be the preacher. Clergy are invited to robe and process. The liturgical color will be green.
4. Bishop’s Consecration DVD - if anyone ordered a copy of the DVD but did not receive it, please contact Liz at the Synod Office (705-256-5061 Ext. 27). The cost for the DVD is $15.00.
October 27, 2010
We sadly announce the passing of Mr. Sidney Henderson, brother of the Ven. Dawn Henderson, Archdeacon of Muskoka and Incumbent of All Saints’, Huntsville, on Sunday, October 24th. A service will be held in the Chapel at Harbourview Funeral Centre, 499 Cumberland Street North, Thunder Bay (807-346-9880) on Friday, October 29th at 1:30 p.m. with visitation from 12:30 p.m. up to the time of the service. We offer our condolences to Dawn and ask that you keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
October 25, 2010
1. The Ontario Camps Association Board of Directors has recently passed a motion to re-accredit Camp Manitou for four years following a visit to the camp by the Standards Committee during the 2010 season. This accreditation helps to assure campers, parents, and staff that the camp is committed to a set of standards which are recognized as important by more and more of the public. We offer congratulations to Camp Manitou for being an “Accredited Member of the Ontario Camps Association”.
2. The Installation Service for the Rev. Andrew Nussey will take place on October 28th at The Church of St. John The Divine (301 Main Street East, North Bay) at 7:00 p.m. The service will be from the Anglican Book of Common Prayer. Bishop Stephen Andrews will be the celebrant and preacher. Clergy are invited to robe and process. There will be signs pointing to robing in The Thorneloe Room. The liturgical color is red.